Broken Sleeps

• Fixed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Broken Sleeps

Hello Beyond Community (y) ,

I been getting this type of sleeps/fears more frequently as we know is that normal sleeps should be removed whenever someone is attacking you unless you have other shields/bodyguard that blocks any type of damages. Well unfortunately this is not what is happening around mostly with me, sometimes the sleeps are bugged you can control your character rotations and be able to use potions which is not suppose to happen at all with the current Aion situation as far as I know, plus the sleep doesn't get removed even if received damage from lots of people (even dots). I hope you could double check the situation because it happens more often, same with the instant fear. I've got one example that I been sleeping with skills name "Wind of Torpor" during the whole 10 seconds during the fight even if there are players attacking me. According to Aion database it is counted in the sleep category. Just to clarify what I am talking about you can read the skill or watch the video.

Proofs:
      aiondatabase.net/en/skill/1340/?sl=1
      youtube.com/watch?v=9ML6rE2GjkM

Regards
    • The problem is that you're resisting the sleep effect but not the transformation. Hence you can move and get attacked. Wind of Torpor does not have any accuracy boosts on its sleep effect, making it easier to resist than other sleep/deform skills. You won't see it the other way around with this skill, since the transformation applies first and all other effects depend on it being successful. Other sleep skills apply the sleep effect first.
      I'm not sure how it should be on retail.
      An answer to these questions helps us fix this bug:
      On retail, can you resist the sleep but not the transformation effect?
      If so: Is the transformation cancelled on attack?
    • All sleeps are canceld on the first attack of an enemy. Doesn't matter which one it is.

Ranger Traps or Sleeparrow,
      Bard Sleep
      All mage Sleeps

The only thing that doesnt break is Fear from SM.

All other Sleeps break on the first hit of an enemy.
    • Let me explain it again:
      The skill contains 3 effects:
      1. deform -> this is the sheep transformation you see - can be resisted
      2. sleep - can be resisted, is not applied if 1. is resisted
      3. stat up -> this increases your elemental resistence (water etc.) - cannot be resisted, is not applied if 1. is resisted
      The sleep effect works fine on its own.
      The problem is when you resist only the sleep effect. On server side you are not asleep, hence there is no effect to cancel when you're attacked.
      Fear has also a deform effect, cancelling all deform effects when you're attacked is therefore not an option!
    • You asked how it worked on retail.
      And i explained how it worked on retail.

Can't you use the same coding from other sleep skills from the mage ( because they work). Its just this 1 vision stigma that doesnt work properly since you dont loose the effect when getting hit. At the moment the sleep works like a fear.
    • Yeats wrote:

Let me explain it again:
      The skill contains 3 effects:
      1. deform -> this is the sheep transformation you see - can be resisted
      2. sleep - can be resisted, is not applied if 1. is resisted
      3. stat up -> this increases your elemental resistence (water etc.) - cannot be resisted, is not applied if 1. is resisted
      The sleep effect works fine on its own.
      The problem is when you resist only the sleep effect. On server side you are not asleep, hence there is no effect to cancel when you're attacked.
      Fear has also a deform effect, cancelling all deform effects when you're attacked is therefore not an option!

Yeats wrote:

Other sleep skills apply the effects in another order:
      1. sleep - can be resisted
      2. stat up - not applied if 1. is resisted
      3. deform - not applied if 1. is resisted
      Unfortunately, I can't change the order.

You're saying that sleep can be resist but the transformation can not be resisted?. Well the "Fear" skill that you have linked is working properly while it does have the same sequence. On retails things are not like this, once you get damaged your sleep should be gone. This is not normal game-play as you could see that my group mates are dying every time for some shit that is not working as it should be. It would be nice to think that players are just willing to use normal sleeps when most of the players are use sleep then damage skills directly? its obvious that most of the players knows that bug which makes their life easier to pop sleeps and start attacking... So tell me now what's the difference between the broken sleeps and fears?.
    • Each skill effect is calculated and applied separately. Some effects depend on other ones being successful(=not resisted) or otherwise they will not be applied. That's the case with Wind of Torpor. The sleep effect depends on the transformation. Resist the transformation and the sleep won't apply. Don't resist the transformation and the sleep can be resisted. I'm not saying that's correct. But I can't just add an exception for every skill that is not working(this is not how coding works!).
      There is a pattern and I need more info to find it.
      On retail e.g. repeated sleep skills on one target increase the targets sleep resistance. How does that work in this case?

Fear was just an example, why I cannot cancel every transformation effect when you're attacked. (Fear also uses a transformation and cancelling it on attack would introduce a new bug)
    • I am not suppose to know coding since you're the expert on this not me.

Yeats wrote:

Resist the transformation and the sleep won't apply.
      So that means all of the sleeps that has transformation will never resist even if the enemy player has 0 magical accuarcy?

Yeats wrote:

I'm not saying that's correct.
      There is a pattern and I need more info to find it.
      As long you know its not correct how the skill should be working you have other options that is why I am this thread to try to fix it or you can not then just simply disable it. Disable would be for more than one skill so I don't prefer that option.

Yeats wrote:

Fear was just an example, why I cannot cancel every transformation effect when you're attacked. (Fear also uses a transformation and cancelling it on attack would introduce a new bug)
      Once you said that some effect are calculated and applied separately then fears has nothing to do with the sleeps. They're different cases you can hit during the fear but you cannot hit on sleep otherwise it will wake the enemy from the sleep.

Edit: On the video it doesn't say that the skill have been resisted.
    • Possible fix coming with the next update. Please report back if you think somethings off with resists.

While I was at it, I also implemented the cumulative resist chance to fear and sleep effects. Using fear/sleep skills multiple times on an enemy increases its resistance to it for a short time. (This has been a retail feature since 3.7)
      We'll need feedback to adjust the duration and resist chance.
    • Hey,

First of all, thanks for your effort on this bug report, we will test as soon as the next update is live.
      I have a question concerning the cumulative resist chance. Is there a set timer for the increased resist chance or how long will it remain?

Greetings
      FiftyPercentCooler