Exterior Housing Issue

• Pending

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Exterior Housing Issue

I purchased Light Green Vertical Wooden Outer Wall. Later I purchased Vertical Wooden Outer Wall. Both were registered but the Light Green Vertical Wooden Wall has disappeared from my inventory. Thank you for your assistance in helping to correct this issue.
    • I don't understand. Items always disappear from your inventory once you have registered them. They remain in the house's registry until they have been first installed and then uninstalled.

So if you're talking about the registry, icon 171010014 must have been installed before you switched to icon 171010006.
    • They both were registered. I was switching back and forth deciding which one looked better. Once I walked outside of the decorative housing mode, the green vertical wall never stayed in my housing inventory for me to be able to switch again.
    • How did you walk out? Usually the door is closed in decoration mode. I'd assume the wall you selected last got applied , but then you'd have seen it immediately when entering the house. Helpful info nonetheless, thanks.
    • I give up! Each time there is an issue I have to explain, explain, explain. I don't know if it's due to the language barrier or not. I just know that it's never resolved to my satisfaction. I have played Aion since it's inception so I understand how the housing is suppose to work.
    • We never implied you don't know how the system is supposed to work.
      You have to understand that we ask for more info because most of the times reports don't include all necessary details to reproduce an issue. Also we are not experts in everything so sometimes we need more info just to get it right after a rework (some things don't work retail like until we start to rework them). Without reproducibility we can't fix a bug. And currently most of us are or have been on vacation, so you have to be patient.

For your previous housing related reports (which have all been fixed) we assumed everything went to your satisfaction and always tell people to submit a ticket to claim lost items. If there are feasible solutions to improve such processes we are open to suggestions, but you can't expect us to crawl through weeks of log entries just to maybe find stuff that got lost and needs to be returned to tens of players.
    • Short Question: Did you notice the items have a counter of 1?
      You can register them and switch between, but if you finish the decoration-mode, while one of them is active (lets say item A), the counter ist set to 0. Next time you can see the item A, but if you switch to item B and finish decoration-mode, item A will disappear...
      Maybe that happend?
    • I appreciate Seishin's response. But, if you purchase from the Housing Materials Merchant Item A for $3.294, 913 and you purchase Item B for $3,294,913 at the same time and register them both while you are switching back and forth in decorating mode why would you lose either one of them? It would seem only fair that since you purchased both of them they would stay in your inventory whether you stay in decorating mode or not. I wasn't sure from (Seishin's) post if the counter being set to "0" is the problem. If so, the housing materials don't say "for rent" or have a 30 or 60 day time restriction on them (like some items) before they disappear. Can you explain or show me where to find this "counter"?. Thanks for your help.

In response to Neon's post: Wow! Color me stupid for trying to get to the bottom of my frustration with a housing issue. Fortunately, maybe the solution came from another post... I don't know what your "feasible solutions" would be but if I had access to "weeks of log entries" I might just "crawl" through them to find my "stuff".:)
    • MissVee wrote:

Can you explain or show me where to find this "counter"?
      You see it if you hold your mouse on the registered item.

I don't know how it is on the offical server... i thought there is a counter too. But maybe I'm wrong (shrug)

MissVee wrote:

while you are switching back and forth in decorating mode why would you lose either one of them
      I never had that bug. Sounds strange. Did that happened only once or many times?
    • Hi Seishin, it has happened to me just a couple of times before. It also happened to my husband when he switched back and forth between a carpet and a wood floor...but your response to me regarding a "counter" may be the answer. I was not aware that there was a counter. Thank you so much for your help. It may just explain why I would be losing items. In the future, I will be looking at that "counter".
    • MissVee wrote:

In response to Neon's post: Wow! Color me stupid for trying to get to the bottom of my frustration with a housing issue. Fortunately, maybe the solution came from another post... I don't know what your "feasible solutions" would be but if I had access to "weeks of log entries" I might just "crawl" through them to find my "stuff".:)
      What I meant by that was, that we cannot easily identify lost items just by looking into log files. There's no such entry as "player abc lost 2 of item xyz", that's not how it works. We must know what exactly to search for and our workflow requires a support ticket to take action and have everything documented in the proper place. We never have and never will add items to players without these steps. This is also a safety measure against abuse and we strictly follow our own rules.
      It's not like we don't understand your frustration but this is the way we run things here. Everything has upsides and downsides and as I previously said you can make suggestions to improve these processes. If we had better ideas for more user friendly ways we would have already implemented them.
      I hope I explained it better this time. It's nothing against you or because we wouldn't want to help in such cases. There's just unavoidable overhead and some complications involved when dealing with lost items.

Regarding what Seishin said about the counter. It should not count down until you leave decoration mode. So switching back and forth will only reduce the counter when switching wallpapers etc. after re-entering decoration mode. The counter is equivalent to the item count before registering. Once you register an item a second time, its counter will increase in the housing inventory. If there is something counting down when it shouldn't that would explain your issue. As said before we ask for seemingly minor or obvious details for a reason and need to be able to reproduce an issue to fix it.