Issue with downloading the client: at least one part seems to be broken

• Issue with the client

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Issue with downloading the client: at least one part seems to be broken

A bit of backstory: my internet is dreadfully slow, each of those 4gb files can take anywhere between 5 and 8 hours to download, so the lack of a torrent got me a tad bummed already. But I thought, alright let's give it a shot anyways, it's just a bit of waiting right? right...?

So I waited alright. Got part 1 and 3, so far so good. Now, you might be thinking "wait, 1 and 3? Where's 2?", aaaaand that's the issue my friend, I tried downloading the lil sucker twice, going for the third now, used the mega link first, failed at 70%, very odd. So I decided to try with the google drive link (using firefox. Hard to completely botch a download there), failed, guess where, at 70%

I really, really don't want to waste my time so can anyone check this? Is the file really broken? Do some of the other ones share the same fate? Is it an issue on my end and I have the "luck" of having it always brick at exactly 70%? Can I get an alternative or something? This is very frustrating.
  • Thanks for the early response, glad it worked in the end.
    The amount of people asking for a torrent is very minimal, so we never considered it. Also because it adds another step and unnecessary complexity for anyone who never used a torrent client before.
    So we still think that 4GB parts with mirrors is the best compromise.

Good luck downloading the remaining parts. One thing you can do to ensure a safe download is to find out if and when your ISP disconnects you for an IP change. Usually, at least in Germany, this happens every 24hrs after the last disconnect. So you can actually influence the time of the next auto disconnect by restarting your modem or router that's connected to the phone line.
  • Hello! Yeah I do have a dynamic IP, I don't have access to the router (long story) but while it affects chrome, it isn't a big deal with mega, or firefox, you can just resume the download. What happened was that it just... wasn't doing it, happened way off the time my IP changes too (yep, I got the times down lol). So yeah, it was odd luck it seems, it happens.

Neon wrote:

The amount of people asking for a torrent is very minimal, so we never considered it.

Ah right I understand, I guess torrents are becoming a thing of the past? I don't see them often anymore, wow I'm getting old D:

And thanks! I'm taking it slow, but I will make it eventually